****** Registration is now open for the Mt Cotton Hillclimb hosted by MG Car Club of Qld. You MUST register via your Motorsport Australia account and email forms to MG Car Club of Qld by 2 September 2022. Registering on www.bmwcq.com.au is for our records only so we know who is attending. ******
The Hillclimb is located at 47-87 Gramzow Road, Mount Cotton.
Please read the 2022 MGCCQ InterclubSupplementary Regulations Approved.pdf prior to entering this event. Key points to note are:
1. A Rally Extension is required from your CTP insurer. Call your insurer, they will ask for the name of the event which is "2022 Qld Interclub Challenge Hillclimb", date of the event - 10 September 2022 and depending on your insurer may charge you a $10 fee. You will then receive an email from them with the Rally Extension attached. Please forward that, along with the other forms listed below, to email@example.com.
2. A fire extinguisher is to be mounted in your vehicle. If you are thinking of doing more motorsport events, under Motorsport Australia, it is worth investing in one. Google to find the best price for an extinguisher and bracket. If you have trouble or are not looking at purchasing an extinguisher please contact me via email on firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 September 2022.
3. You will be racing under a Motorsport Australia Speed licence. If you do not have one please follow the instructions below.
4. Battery and Tow markers. These are red and blue triangles stuck to your vehicle to indicate where your battery and tow points are located. You can print them yourself or order them. These links afre just examples of what is available Magnetic Motor Racing CAMS Approved Sized Battery Isolator Blue Triangle Sticker | eBay or Battery Blue Triangle Sticker | Concept Racegear . If printing some yourself please make them 15cm equilateral triangles.
Registration and Payment (Please note there are electronic forms required to be filled out also and detailed below):
Cost for this event is: $80
Firstly, if you do not have a Motorsport Australia Speed licence please apply for one via this link Get your Motorsport Australia Licence ASAP. Once you have your licence follow the steps below.
1. Log in to your Motorsport Australia account via this link Motorsport Australia and by clicking the "Member Portal" in orange in the top right hand corner.
2. Enter your "Member ID" and then "Password".
3. Please check all your information is correct and up to date. If it is your first time using your account you may need to input information regarding yourself, emergency contacts and your vehicle.
4. Click "Event Entry" from the menu down the left hand side of your screen.
5. On the next screen click the orange "Quick Enter Now" button.
6. Select from the drop down menu "2022 Qld Interclub Challenge Hillclimb" and follow the prompts to complete your payment.
Your payment is now complete, you just need to complete the forms below.
Forms required for this are below and MUST be emailed to email@example.com by 2 September 2022. Please also bring a hard copy of these forms on the day of the event. There are three in total:
1. Your Rally Extension (see above)
2.Self Statement of Vehicle Compliance click this link 20220910 Interclub Hillclimb self_statement-of-vehicle-compliance.pdf
3. Self Scrutiny Checklist 20220910 Interclub Hillclimb self-scrutiny-checklist-Speed.pdf
And then your ready to race! If you have any questions about completing these forms please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info about MG Car Club of Queensland and the Hillclimb please click here Entry Forms and Entry Lists (mgccq.org.au)
On the day: (it's not compulsory to meet prior however if you haven't been to the Hillclimb before it can be helpful to go in a group)
6.15am: Meet at Zarraffas, Shop 16 Riverlakes Shopping Village 8, 16 Gleneagles Ave, Cornubia
6.30am: Depart Zarraffas
6.45am: Arrive at the Hillclimb
7am: Scrutiny will commence
8.45am: Drivers briefing
9am: Competition begins
View the pit bay setup and track via this link Hillclimb (mgccq.org.au).
What is the ICC?
Welcome to the Inter Club Challenge (ICC) 2022. The ICC is made up of over 10 other Motorsport Australia affiliated Clubs. The ICC calendar is made up of events hosted by the different Clubs, who then extend invitations to the other Club's to attend. This makes for a very diverse selection of both Motorsport and social events. For example, the BMW Club Qld hosts the Regularity event each year which is also a Club fundraiser.
Each participant, whether driving in one or all events, will earn points and the chance to win a trophy at the end of the year. The top four (4) drivers points from each Club, at each event, go towards the Club tally and contribute to helping the Club win the championship.
What is the Mount Cotton Hill Climb?
"It is owned and managed by the MG Car Club of Queensland Inc. Situated in a parklike bushland setting the facility is well maintained by an industrious group of Club volunteers. The Hillclimb circuit is a bitumen surface, 946 metres in length. Considered as one of the most challenging Hillclimb tracks in Australia, the layout offers a variety of steep climbs, rapid descents, hairpins and corners with varying cambers." (www.mgccq.com.au)
View the circuit layout and more information by clicking this link:
Watch a fellow Club member, Ian O'Hara, completing a Class winning lap last year in his 2020 M2 Competition in the video below:
This event suits all types of drivers from experienced to first timers. Diverse range of vehicles compete as well, which make it very interesting for spectators and drivers.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to Christine on 0411 467 745 or email@example.com.